A crazy new mod idea!!!!!

Our resident UT "mod" expert hosts this "modster garage"!

Moderators: MADMAX, Duesy, dalimar, Admins

Mina
Lieutenant Colonel

A crazy new mod idea!!!!!

Post by Mina » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:59 pm

I had another one of my crazy ideas that will revolutionize the way this game is played! In fact it just may change your life as well.

Ever have one of those days where life itself materialized into living form, like into a giant %$#*ing bird, and it just circles high above you for hours and hours, then suddenly it just shits all over you from on high? I assume everyone here has experienced this at least once in their life. Be it at home, at school or at work, something has always gone down hill and it drags you with it. There is always someone out there that wants to ruin your day and usually they succeed. That is why they invented co-workers, these simian life forms are designed to ruin your life, to bring you down into the abyss of sorrow. They are indeed the Harvester's of Sorrow. Especially that fat bitch Lara, she sits her ass 3 offices away from you, but still manages to always be in your business and one day after work you're probably going to kill her to release some stress because you need this. But you know you can't kill her because you end up becoming someone's bitch in prison and that is just more stress to deal with. So what's the cure? Unreal Tournament!

The only highlight of your DAY, which in turn has become NIGHT, is actually going home to play UT with some of the best players in the world. The problem is that these best players usually end up on the team opposite of you and you're stuck on blue with the McDonald's Special Olympics Team. The outcome of this session means you can't get far with the enemy flag, you can't stop the enemy from taking your flag and some motard on the red team is camping the middle of the map with a sniper rifle, in which he happens to be magically gifted with extreme marksmanship, while your team mates are trying to kill everything that moves (including each other and the little flame animations) with the enforcer.

As if that bitch Lara wasn't already enough to ruin your day, being stuck with the Magical Moron Committee(tm) in UT ruins your night. So this is where the new mod idea comes in.

Is it possible to have a text box with a picture of a very smiley dude that'll pop-up at the bottom left or right corner that makes happy comments? He would say stuff that is motivating and inspiring. Such as, I could be doing badly in the game, and he it would say things like:

"That Shock Rifle is totally you!" :o

"Has anyone mentioned lately that you are Fragariffic?" :D

"RED is definitely your color!" :)

I think that if we had a Motivation Mod like this, people on the losing team would feel less worthless when being lied to with such niceties. I know I would. :oops:

Tokar
Colonel

Post by Tokar » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:08 pm

well cant u just use what the game already has?...ya know the auto taunts...?
But instead of thinking they are directed as is, make them the opposite in your head...

e.g...

"You are the alpha and the omega" (I am the alpha and the omega)
"I suck!" (You suck!)
"You're on fire!" (Im on fire)
"Your house!" (My house)
"Useful" (Useless)
"Targe reincarnated" (Target eliminated)
AKA Greenback_Party
AKA Sheeza_Brickhouse
AKA Howard_Eskin
AKA Angelo_Cataldi
AKA 610_WIP
AKA The_Morning_Show
AKA...

dalimar
2 Star General

Post by dalimar » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:41 pm

yeah, that motard pisses me off to. :evil: :evil: :evil: I can not decide if it is due to the fact that my ping sucks on the new servers, or if the pure setup allows more bots.

Neo.C-Sharp.NET
Commander In Chief

Post by Neo.C-Sharp.NET » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:09 pm

"Magical Moron Committee(tm)" OMG !!! LOL!!!
:lol:

Nice idea Mina! 8)

Devious
Major General

Post by Devious » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:50 pm

I like it. And we all know the teams that could use motivation.

Renegadex
FORUM ADMIN

Post by Renegadex » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:54 am

Hehehehe...I think I just snarfed enough coffee to fill another pot...comedy gold! :lol:

Actually, putting those "motivators" up on the winning team could demoralize them...platitudes like, "wow, that shockrifle is bigger than your P&^!$" or "too bad your score (39) is higher than your IQ!" would go a long way to evening the score!

Mina
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Mina » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:08 pm

Well then, don't just sit there, don't keep it to yourselves, make it a reality! Make it happen! :shock:

Renegadex
FORUM ADMIN

Post by Renegadex » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:28 pm

What should we call it?
"The SmackDown Mod?
"Comedy Crush?"
"One-liner Hell?"
"Zingerama?"

Furry_Beans
Commander In Chief

Post by Furry_Beans » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:52 pm

The McMotivator?

Mina
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Mina » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:41 pm

The Psychology Mod (PsyMod). :lol:

Markayi[A]
Private First Class (PFC)

Post by Markayi[A] » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:06 am

a simpler way is to come up with creative speech binds...you know something that makes the other guy/girl laugh then while they are laughing u can fragem easier!!!

CaptKa0s
Staff Sergeant

Post by CaptKa0s » Thu May 26, 2005 12:35 pm

There was this one server I was on where the dude had a voice pack that insulted you, but in a polite way. Things like, "You got it, buddy" Or "Please don't shoot me." I heard this a lot: "I know it's hard, but you're getting better."...LOL It made me mad but also made me laugh, which I guess is the most important thing. :dork:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu May 26, 2005 1:29 pm

Yes I used that before. I will have to dig that up again but I cant recall the name of the pack right now. I will try and find it later.

Renegadex
FORUM ADMIN

Post by Renegadex » Thu May 26, 2005 10:16 pm

How difficult is it to make a new taunt sound pack? Just UnrealED, right?