newnet/utpromod

General Unreal Tournament discussions.

Moderators: MADMAX, Duesy, Admins

Se7eN
HALEYS ADMIN

newnet/utpromod

Postby Se7eN » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:49 pm

Someone is working on cleaning up UT's shitty netcode, making for EU vs NA matches possible.

bleh (you probably remember him from fooze ut ([f]bleh) and top players of his caliber recently have been coming into our North American part of the community and have been testing Newnet in some beta servers.

We've got people from asia and europe coming in #tdmpickups asking for "1v1 newnet anyone?". It's maybe too little too late, but I say better late than never.

The mod is still being beta tested, but it's mostly done and should be out of beta relatively soon.

You can keep up on TimTim's progress on Newnet/utpromod via this thread:

http://www.prounreal.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=81016
R.I.P UT
Renegadex
FORUM ADMIN

Postby Renegadex » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Interesting. The stuff he "fixes" is a little vague, but a lot of it seems to make sense.

I wonder about his chances of success on improving on how servers handle lag issues. The UT server does a decent job of movement-history placement prediction, already, and many hard-core UT players are used to it, by now. However, if he has a good understanding of how other (much more closed) companies do netcode today, I'd love to see what he comes up with!

Thanks for the update -- had no idea this was in development.

Return to “Command Post”