Just a suggestion

How can we improve the servers? (Trick question: they're perfect, M I RITE?!)

Moderators: MADMAX, Duesy, Admins

Se7eN
HALEYS ADMIN

Just a suggestion

Postby Se7eN » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:37 pm

Any plans on making one of the three HHH servers with no redeemers? I know the nubs love it but it gets old, from both sides.

It isn't rare that in 2 seconds, some nub ruins a flag run that took 6 men to carry and 5 intense minutes to cross. It's a cheap shot and takes away all the fun and intensity of the time invested in carrying that flag.

OR

All your nub teamate does is pack redeemers and doesn't care if you have the flag or not, he'll shoot right in the middle of it all and shoot you, and the flag on your back, off the ledge. Another waste.

I know it's part of the game, but the option "no redeemers" is also part of the game. I'm not being reproachful of people who use the redeemer, I agree to disagree and tastes differ. That being said, give us some variety.
Just one of the HHH servers with no redeemers, would be nice.
Acid
Brigadier General

Postby Acid » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:03 pm

I doubt it. I can only speak for #3 so as much as I may agree with you we wont be pulling the redeemer or powerups from that server.
dkrypt
HALEYS ADMIN

Postby dkrypt » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:26 pm

I'm inclined to leave redeemers in at HHH1, because they are such a classic UT weapon.

I think pugs are the proper arena for no-deemer/no-pup UT.

However, my fondness for pups and deemer is not great, and is decreasing over time. Pup timing shouldn't equal wins :)
Acid
Brigadier General

Postby Acid » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:32 pm

The way I see it though is if you are going to remove the pups then you have to remove the redeemer. They counter balance each other so IMO when you remove one you really need to remove the other.
Judge
Commander In Chief

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:57 pm

I usually just grab the deemer and shoot it straight in the air. :twisted:(too waste it, so nobody else gets it)

PUPS, more so the amp, are for the lame spawn killers. :roll: Or for the ppl that cover my ass!!!! :wink:
Last edited by Judge on Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PWN'N n00bs leik j0o!

I laff AT those that THINK they are good, and laff WITH those that ARE!

Evolution wrote:i guess i'll admit i made a little tweak. my ini might not be legit, but at least it's unique.
Evil_Priest
Drama Queen

Postby Evil_Priest » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:05 pm

dkrypt wrote:I'm inclined to leave redeemers in at HHH1, because they are such a classic UT weapon.

I think pugs are the proper arena for no-deemer/no-pup UT.

However, my fondness for pups and deemer is not great, and is decreasing over time. Pup timing shouldn't equal wins :)

I just don't pick them up also shooting the slow moving bullet down isn't that hard.

Pugs are but you have to be prepared to deal with some of the attitudes of 100 speed players who tend to be assholes.

And actually pup timing is heavily important in pugs, 100 speed anyways where pups are on.
f1.abc
Short Bus Rider
Short Bus Rider

Postby f1.abc » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:19 pm

i personally like powerups in pubs because it lets you control the difficulty of the game. if i'm playing powercat, i'll toss redeemers in front of him (he usually blows himself up with them though). if i'm playing a 1v5, i start whoring the redeemers and timing the amps.
Andross 51 wrote:?????? saying I am a noob blake, plz I have been owning noobs for three years.
Evil_Priest
Drama Queen

Postby Evil_Priest » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:57 pm

f1.abc wrote:i personally like powerups in pubs because it lets you control the difficulty of the game. if i'm playing powercat, i'll toss redeemers in front of him (he usually blows himself up with them though). if i'm playing a 1v5, i start whoring the redeemers and timing the amps.

doubt you'd win a 1v5, highly doubt it.

I whore pups because people need to learn how to play w/o them especially the deemer.
f1.abc
Short Bus Rider
Short Bus Rider

Postby f1.abc » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:54 am

it all depends on who the 5 players are. if they're just a random sampling of haleys players then it's a piece of cake.
Andross 51 wrote:?????? saying I am a noob blake, plz I have been owning noobs for three years.
Judge
Commander In Chief

Postby Judge » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:34 am

f1.abc wrote:it all depends on who the 5 players are. if they're just a random sampling of haleys players then it's a piece of cake.

Yawn...... :roll:
PWN'N n00bs leik j0o!

Evolution wrote:i guess i'll admit i made a little tweak. my ini might not be legit, but at least it's unique.
MADMAX
HALEYS AMBASSADOR

Postby MADMAX » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:10 am

just shoot the redeemers Se7eN. if you have a spare 10 min later we can jump onto a server and i will show you how to do it :)
"~HDK][Silver-Surfer~ i dont spam and your GONNA give me respect lamer"
Se7eN
HALEYS ADMIN

Postby Se7eN » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:24 am

I know you can shoot the redeemer MAX, I'm talking about when you and your team had an intense 6 man flag run (or however many men and effort as a team it took to carry that flag home), you're 10 inches from the post and 2 opponents are in your base: one does a kamikaze and blows himself up with the redeemer and everyone else around him, leaving the remaining opponent to save the flag.

In 2 seconds, any random nub can do that, and waste the whole point of running a flag in the first place.

Same thing applies for when your team-mate shoots you off the bridge with his redeemer because he couldn't care less if you have the flag or not.

Also, it's not a question of skill. Like someone who bitches against piston jumpers because they can't piton jump themselves, or people who bitch against the snipers because they suck with it (or against it) - If the amp was gone too, people wouldn't bitch about snipers as much either. All in all I guess I prefer without powerups, and was hoping that one of my favorite public CTF servers would have them disabled.

I'll finish by saying, most of this reply was a justification of my suggestion. I won't stop playing on servers that have redeemers on nor will I bitch and whine everytime people ruin good games with it. I've resolved to simply using the redeemer when my opponent uses it.

I just didn't see any harm in asking one of the three H's on the "Suggestions" thread. 8)

Thanks for your inputs and replies 8) See you in the deemer bay :lol:
MADMAX
HALEYS AMBASSADOR

Postby MADMAX » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:10 pm

lol i was joking :)
DeXtrO_EneRgY
Brigadier General

Postby DeXtrO_EneRgY » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:11 pm

i dislike the deemer as well but ive yet to see 6 ppl wrk together on a flag run in a pub, hell most of the time ppl dont even know how to play ctf in pubs
-----=SIG-GFX=-----By [RoD]LorDShocK
j@Y666**Qc.ca**
Commander In Chief

Postby j@Y666**Qc.ca** » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:16 pm

i use it sometimes when teams are stacked and i feel alone... but most of the time, i feel guilty when i blow ennemy fc with it.

i dont care if its on or off but one thing is sure, if there is a server with deem and pups off, ull see me in.
Evil_Priest
Drama Queen

Postby Evil_Priest » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:31 pm

yeah was about to say seven, what 6 man flag runs?

In pubs there are usually 3 noobs sniping 3 noobs spamming around in base ans staying there even if the flag is gone 1 good player in mid. 2 noobs that actually chase the efc and 1 guy running the flag spraying and praying or if its a good player flying over everyone's head.
He||raZ'r
Brigadier General

Postby He||raZ'r » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:32 pm

MADMAX wrote:lol i was joking :)

No he wasnt, Max feels absolutely no guilt about deemering ppl to death. if, somehow, i could count how many times ive been killed & by whom & in what manner, Max would be right up there at the top of the charts :!:

if im carrying the flag or just minding my own business & i hear that whoosh sound of the deemer, i know what im gonna see next "[A]He||raZ'r was vaporized by MADMAX's Redeemer" go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200, go directly to jail, yada yada yada.

Dont be fooled folks, Max is a hardcore deemering criminal & he needs to be stopped, i agree w/ Se7en pull the deemer, & make Max what he hates most- a sniper.......hehe

:P :P :P
..Its merely a couple of clicks and BLAM , I'm instant smoke.

Another Silver Silver Classic Quote
MADMAX
HALEYS AMBASSADOR

Postby MADMAX » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:23 pm

He|| that made me laugh my ass off man <3

like i said b4 take the deemer out and thats cool but also take some sniper ammo out and only leave 2 boxes ( like all the other weapons ammo )

8)
Evil_Priest
Drama Queen

Postby Evil_Priest » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:12 pm

The sniper is only a weapon in the hands of a professional.

Those noobs who you call a sniper couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. So leave some ammo for them to have their fun. Trying and failing with a sniper and building up experience for later is better than being a total nooblet who can't use an actual skill weapon to kill something.

Max is absolved of any aim, or lack thereof, for his terrible ping.
f1.abc
Short Bus Rider
Short Bus Rider

Postby f1.abc » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:56 pm

this really pisses me off. i'll be low on health, running a flag at mid with 8 guys on my ass. then i see a friendly deemer fly out of our base, fly over my head, past all the enemies, veer off the asteroid and blow up uselessly in outer space.
Judge
Commander In Chief

Postby Judge » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:00 pm

MADMAX wrote:like i said b4 take the deemer out and thats cool but also take some sniper ammo out and only leave 2 boxes ( like all the other weapons ammo )

8)

Yeah, and take out the Rox,Shox, and ripper out too. Replace them all with sticks and stones. :roll:

:P
PWN'N n00bs leik j0o!

MADMAX
HALEYS AMBASSADOR

Postby MADMAX » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:11 pm

WELL thats just silly judge :roll:

Judge
Commander In Chief

Postby Judge » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:27 pm

Well it sure would cut down on ALL yo...er er ermmmm.... of the spamming! :cool: :P
PWN'N n00bs leik j0o!

Se7eN
HALEYS ADMIN

Postby Se7eN » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:24 am

Here are 3 classic vids from when UT was at it's prime. Most of the good vids like Levitation, Powah with a vengance, UT Czech Community movie, and many others are really hard to find.

Fooze: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUNhPF7dnjc (Flag-run at 1:50)
XSU-Gold: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCqPYF0qy1w
FireBreath: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuFQ-rTKbM0

You'll see some pretty sick flag runs in these movies, along with some intense frags.

Notice any redeemers? Wonder why?

Who would promote their use? Who the hell goes "Wow - that was a really freakin' sweet shot and took a LOT of skill!" When the frag is issued by a redeemer? I'm trying to say it ruins good flag runs and you don't seem to see it.

Bah you know what the bottom line is. Judge if you can't figure out what I'm trying to say, and your only way to reply to my opinion is through extremist sarcasm; ("Yeah, and take out the Rox,Shox, and ripper out too. Replace them all with sticks and stones."), then bite me nubsauce. :roll:

I see the point of dkrypt and Acid replying to my suggestion with founded opinions, but you're just being a jerk imo :oops:

I didn't completely lose my time in this reply though, those are some worthy vids. Take a look :)

PS: If you can find the movie UT Levitation, you're in for some really good flag runs. The movie is 90% CTF, obviously not featuring the redeemer.
MADMAX
HALEYS AMBASSADOR

Postby MADMAX » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:56 am

i also dont see much sniping going on in those vids ;)
Friendly_Fire
UT SERVER ADMIN

Postby Friendly_Fire » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:31 am

{HHH}Evil_Priest wrote:The sniper is only a weapon in the hands of a professional.

Those noobs who you call a sniper couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. So leave some ammo for them to have their fun. Trying and failing with a sniper and building up experience for later is better than being a total nooblet who can't use an actual skill weapon to kill something.

EP = Sniper whore. Ammo hog.
"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" . . . .
-Thomas Jefferson-
f1.abc
Short Bus Rider
Short Bus Rider

Postby f1.abc » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:36 am

i had a redeemer monsterkill (including 2 teamkills) that i wanted to put in my ut movie but claw told me not to
MADMAX
HALEYS AMBASSADOR

Postby MADMAX » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:28 pm

should have put it in.
Acid
Brigadier General

Postby Acid » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:37 pm

Se7eN wrote:
Bah you know what the bottom line is. Judge if you can't figure out what I'm trying to say, and your only way to reply to my opinion is through extremist sarcasm; ("Yeah, and take out the Rox,Shox, and ripper out too. Replace them all with sticks and stones."), then bite me nubsauce. :roll:

I think you need to edit your post an apologize since he wasnt even talking to you or about YOUR suggestion. He was replying to Max's suggestion abotu removing sniper ammo.
Judge
Commander In Chief

Postby Judge » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:03 pm

Acid wrote:
Se7eN wrote:

I think you need to edit your post an apologize since he wasnt even talking to you or about YOUR suggestion. He was replying to Max's suggestion abotu removing sniper ammo.

Thanks Acid for noticing.

Judge wrote:
MADMAX wrote:like i said b4 take the deemer out and thats cool but also take some sniper ammo out and only leave 2 boxes ( like all the other weapons ammo )

8)

Yeah, and take out the Rox,Shox, and ripper out too. Replace them all with sticks and stones. :roll:

Because I was in agreance with you 7 about the deemers, in my 1st post.:roll:

Judge wrote:I usually just grab the deemer and shoot it straight in the air. :twisted:(too waste it, so nobody else gets it)

PUPS, more so the amp, are for the lame spawn killers. :roll: Or for the ppl that cover my ass!!!! :wink:

"nubsauce", I like that.....can I was that as my nic from now on?? :twisted:

Levitation <------some of the best UT vid's EVER! :wink:
PWN'N n00bs leik j0o!

Evil_Priest
Drama Queen

Postby Evil_Priest » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:49 pm

Friendly_Fire wrote:
{HHH}Evil_Priest wrote:The sniper is only a weapon in the hands of a professional.

EP = Sniper whore. Ammo hog.

The difference is the ammo I have actually kills something, the ammo one of the campers has kills 1 guy for each ammo pack.
Se7eN
HALEYS ADMIN

Postby Se7eN » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:15 am

Thnx Acid, I hadn't noticed. My apologies Judge, it was an honest mistake, I didn't know you were addressing MADMAX. And yes Judge, feel free to use nubsauce, but I get royalties. :cool:

PS: Judge do you have UT Levitation?!
Judge
Commander In Chief

Postby Judge » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Np d00d.....I actually used it lastnight.LOL

I used to have on my old machine, I was sooo pissed when it crashed. Cause that vid took along time to d/l. :evil:
PWN'N n00bs leik j0o!

Acid
Brigadier General

Postby Acid » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:18 pm

Smiley's vid is probably my favorite all time. But then again like I said before I havent watched many. But that and Fooze are two that I always enjoyed.
Se7eN
HALEYS ADMIN

Postby Se7eN » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:57 am

If you enjoyed SmileY and Fooze, you'll definately like XSU-Gold. Check it out Acid; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCqPYF0qy1w

I suggest you "watch the vid in high quality" if the option appears. Let me know what you thought!
f1.abc
Short Bus Rider
Short Bus Rider

Postby f1.abc » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:54 pm

i've seen maybe a hundred ut movies and my favorite was LastGeneration by sempy (http://www.own-age.com/vids/6583). another good one was Duality by pYr0 (http://www.own-age.com/vids/2985).

the older ones like xsu, xsu:gold, smiley, and powah2 all have good music and syncing and are great movies but the fragging isn't as impressive as those 2 i mentioned. and if you like oldschool check out mTw|23's tribute to UT. there are a lot of frags on GitzZz in that move.
Se7eN
HALEYS ADMIN

Postby Se7eN » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:52 am

own-age is AWESOME at providing mirrors that are broken. :roll:

None of them worked.
f1.abc
Short Bus Rider
Short Bus Rider

Postby f1.abc » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:54 pm

i'll upload them for you when i get back

Return to “Suggestions”